Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Change in the Making

I have been in a spiritual dry place for the last few months.  I wasn't even aware of it until I finished Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself and the book Made to Crave by Lisa TerKeurst.  I knew something was up when I finished these books and was feeling the overwhelming sense that something needed to change, something needed to happen to push me forward.  My only problem was I didn't know what that something was.  I didn't know even where to begin.  So, I did what any other girl would do; I cried.  I cried in quiet moments that were for God. I cried because I knew he would hear me and he knew my words when I did not.  I cried.


And then, amidst tears, I heard his voice.  Soft, loving, and gentle telling me I needed to share and to seek help for me to find my somethings.  At first, I denied it for several weeks; I mean who really likes to admit they need help but then I heard him again.  It was still loving and gentle telling me I needed to change and grow and I needed to talk through some issues to find my something


So, I called.  I called and made an appointment with a Christian counselor.  I have met with her twice and we have named several of my somethings : shame and self image.  I am dealing with these somethings by using God's truths. 


Not long after I made the call to the counselor I was walking and heard a song by Addison Road called "Change in the Making."  I cried (this time happy tears) because this song was me, well, and you too.  We are all a change in the making.  We are all trying to be a better version for the sake of Christ.  We are all under construction.  I love that.  I mean really love that!  I am forever grateful that we have a Heavenly Father who is loving, gentle, and extremely patient to making me who He wants me to be. Click below to listen to the song "Change in the Making."



So, this is Sarah under construction (but still with a smile) :) My pride is being broken and He is chipping away at what I don't need. I am a change in the making. 

How are you changing? What is God chipping away in you?

Linking with SDG

3 comments:

  1. We are all changing and as long as we allow Him to chip away at us, we are on the right road. He's been doing the same thing with me and while it's not always easy, I believe it is for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the "chipping away at what I don't need". Painful at times, but good and freeing. Great lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, goodness. I feel like I'm always under construction, but, you know, I don't know that I would have it any other way. So proud and amazed by the steps you are taking.

    ReplyDelete