Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas IS Merry.

Greetings Friends!

It seems like my last post in September was just a month ago.  It is hard to believe that we have celebrated Thanksgiving and in a few short days we will celebrate Christmas and then it's off into the new year.  My, oh my, how time flies!
 
I wanted to share with you a favorite Christmas ornament of mine. Meet my adorable sheep. 
 

 
 
In the front he holds a birthday cake that reads 'Happy Birthday Jesus' and in his back he holds a gift with a tag that reads 'For My Shepherd.'  Each year as I unwrap my sheep from his box, I get a smile and it's a BIG smile. I think the ornament reminds me that I am a sheep in desperate need of a Shepherd.  My little sheep reminds me why we are celebrating Christmas.  It IS Jesus' birthday. 
He came as an infant in the most humble way.  A King in a manger.  His birthday reminds me that He came to set all free and in years to come He would take the wrath of God that was meant for me upon a cross.  My Shepherd leads me in dark times with his Word and reminds me that His Word is the light I need. 
 
As you and your family prepare to Celebrate this birthday I hope you remember this gift of love, peace, and joy in the manger.
 
Merry Christmas!
With a Smile, Sarah
 
If I could see you I would ask...Do you have a favorite ornament? I would love to see or hear about it.  How do you remember the gift of Jesus at Christmas?













1 comment:

  1. A favorite ornament? Hmm.. I think it's all those home made handprints that come home in one form or another through the years and end up hanging from our tree with little ribbons. Blessings to you, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete